Adding an exercise routine into your schedule can be a little overwhelming. Although, it doesn’t always have to be. Here at Sulzer US a lot of us attend the gym on the daily and strive to maintain our active lifestyles despite how crazy busy we may be. Basic tips can help motivate you to pencil some time in for the gym! Here are some recommendations from our team members:
1. Plan your workouts: Set specific days for specific workouts. For example: every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday run 3 miles.
2. Make it a habit: Working out regularly can help you from feeling obligated to go to the gym and turn it into an inner need to work out.
3. Prepare the night before: Lay out your clothes, sneakers, and any other gym equipment you’ll need in the morning the night before. That way come the morning, you’ll be ready to go!
4. Keep your alarm clock out of reach: Getting up out of bed to shut off your alarm will prevent you from hitting snooze.
5. Start the day off right: Before you allow yourself to think of how much you don’t want to work out, or how busy works going to be, think of 3 things you’re grateful for.
6. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning: Drinking a glass of water right away helps some people feel more energized and re-hydrated.
7. Find someone to work out with: Invite a friend to come with you to the gym. Not only are you responsible to go to the gym but for your friend as well.
8. Start slow and easy: Begin doing something easy everyone can do, a 5-minute jog or a few squats.
9. You don’t need heavy weights: There are plenty of workouts based solely off your own body weight that are just as intense.
10. Motivational music: Listen to a motivational speech that plays over your favorite music that pumps you up.